WOULD YOU WANT TO BECOME A NURSE, MIDWIFE OR HEALTHCARE WORKER?
On Friday December 10, 2021, at the headquarters of the International Council of Nurses, world nursing leaders rose up to a unanimous decision: something drastic needs to be done or else the nursing workforce will completely breakdown and there may be a global crisis. Why?
Over the last two years, the numbers of nurses around the world are falling further just as the third wave hit harder in some countries and Omicron coronavirus spreads.
Many nurses are burned out from the COVID-19 pandemic and rates of “intention to leave” within a year have doubled to 20-30%.
The global nursing workforce is at a point of crisis, and if nothing drastic is done about the shortage, the world will suffer.
There is an urgent need to recruit more Nurses and Midwives into the profession, as well as an urgent need to provide support, guidance, direction, and investment to attract more personnel into the healthcare workforce.
But how does this affect you?
As we speak, there is the resultant strain on Africa, as Western countries step up recruitment of healthcare workers from Africa and other poorer countries.
While there has been too much lamentations about BRAIN DRAIN in African healthcare system, African smartest nursing and midwifery innovators and inventors are creating new innovative solutions through the soon-to-be launched BRAIN GAIN CAMPAIGN tagged BECOME A NURSE & BECOME A MIDWIFE.
The BRAIN GAIN MISSION is designed as a human resource for health solutions focused on driving futuristic investment in African nursing and midwifery professions, plugging the gaps created by intellectual exportation, thereby strengthening the weakened healthcare systems in Africa.
- Are you a Nigerian, Ghanaian, Kenyan, Zimbabwean, Zambian and Ugandan, Liberian, Cameroonian, Sierra Leonean, or from any other African country?
- Are you a Community Extension Worker, Social Worker, or Hospital Attendant, Domiciliary Carer, or even an “Auxiliary Nurse” but seriously interested in advancing a career in the nursing field?
- Are you based outside Africa, in Europe, Asia, Australia, the UK, the U.S, or Canada and would love to get free mentorship that will help accelerate your nursing career transition dream?
- Do you already have a diploma, degree, or masters in a non-health-related field but want to change careers to nursing and don’t know how or where to start from?
- Are you already a Nurse/Midwife but looking at advancing and transforming your career within or outside the African continent?
- Are you an African or Diaspora-based professional Nurse/Midwife with special mentoring, coaching or advocacy ability, are passionate about providing career support to Africans interested in the healthcare fields, but holding back in launching a full blown career in the mentorship, coaching or advocacy field?
There is no better time to become a NURSE or MIDWIFE than now!